2017 Winter Swim
Open for Returning Members
12/11/16 - 1/23/17
Open for New Members
12/26/16 - 1/23/17
2017 Winter Swim Registration and Program Information
The Kingsbrooke Sea Lion Fall & Winter Swim Programs offer a fun environment for athletes of all abilities to improve their strokes and maintain fitness. If your goal is improved technique, increased endurance, and/or better physical shape for the start of the summer season, the Kingsbrooke Sea Lios Fall & Winter Swim programs are for you!
- Missy Hayden - Head Coach
- John Glasgow - Assistant Coach
- Lauren Blake - Developmental Head Coach
- Teen Assistant Coaches: Dori, Haley, JP, Lindsey, Rishi, and Robbie.
- Teen Volunteers: Jacob, Joseph and Juliana
Central Park Aquatic Center : 10371 Central Park Drive, Suite A, Manassas, VA 20110
–near DMV off of 28.
Dates and Times: January 20th to May 19th, 2017
There will be no practice on:
- 2/5/17: Super Bowl Sunday
- 4/9 , 4/14 & 4/16/2017: Spring Break
Beginner Program (60-minute session)– For All 8 and under swimmers comfortable swimming Freestyle and Backstroke for distances longer than a 25. Swimmers will be focusing on refining their Freestyle and Backstroke while learning the skills needed for Butterfly and Breastroke. Swimmers will learn IM order and will be able to swim all 4 competitive strokes by the competition of the season. Swimmers will learn the basics of the skills needed to be “legal” during the summer season. (We cannot guarantee they WILL be legal, but that they will possess the knowledge of the skills needed to obtain a legal time with continued work)
PLEASE NOTE: The Beginner Program will be divided into 2 groups by skill level * ALL Group placement is determined by the coaches.
- Beginner Level 1 & Beginner Level 2 (Advanced)
- Fridays –6:00pm – 7:00pm & Sundays – 5:00pm – 6:00pm
Intermediate Program (60 minute session)– (usually swimmers 9 – 12) swimmers must be legal in 3 of 4 competitive strokes. These swimmers will work on stroke development for all four competitive strokes, while perfecting open and flip turns. These swimmers will also start working on aerobic development. This group is IM focused.
PLEASE NOTE: The Beginner Program will be divided into 2 groups by skill level *ALL Group placement is determined by the coaches.
- Intermediate Level 1 & Intermediate Level 2
- Fridays – 7:00pm – 8:00pm & Sundays – 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Advanced Program (75 minute session) – (usually swimmers 13 and over) Swimmers are experienced and must be legal and comfortable swimming all 4 competitive strokes and IM. They have the basic skills needed to perform flip turns and open turns, and are looking to refine stroke technique while also working and building on speed and endurance. Swimmers will be pushed to advance in aerobic development, and will taught the skills necessary for reading the pace clock and interval training.
- Fridays – 7:00pm – 8:15pm & Sundays – 6:00pm – 7:15pm
Developmental (35 minute blocks) The Sea Lion Pups Developmental Program is for swimmers 4 and over who are one step away from summer team participation. The swimmers work on developing the basic strokes, building endurance and having fun. At the end of the program, it is our goal that all developmental swimmers are able to complete one lap. Developmental swimmers should be comfortable with swimming underwater, and able to swim ~12 yards without the use of floatation devices. Full refunds will be offered if coaches deem a swimmer to not be ready for this session.
- Fridays – 5:30 – 6:05; 6:10 – 6:45; *6:50-7:15pm (This is a Friday only Session) & Sundays – 6:00- 6:35; 6:40-7:15pm
Fees ($10.00 Processing Fee per swimmer will apply):
Competitive Swim (Beginner, & Intermediate) : $325 per swimmer
Competitive Swim (Advance): $395.00 per swimmer
Developmental Program : $200 per swimmer
Registration and Payment: Registration opened Dec 11th, 2016 for returning families, and Dec 19th families. Registration will close on January 2nd, 2017. Payments are accepted via Check or by PayPal (eCheck, Credi Card, etc.)
Registration payments are due no later than seven (7) days from the date of your on-line registration, unless other arrangements are made and approved by the board OR your registration will be null and void and you will have to re-register.
*Registration will be on a first come, first served basis. Spaces for Winter swim will be limited.
Winter 2017 Refund Policy:
- Before 01/02/2017 families will be refunded the full amount of their registration.
- From 01/02/2017 through 01/06/2017, families will be refunded one-half of their registration.
- After 01/2016 there will be no refunds.
- There will be no refunds given for missed/canceled practices.
- All refunds are subject to a $25. Administration fee per swimmer