2016 Winter Swim
- 10/19/15 - 12/1/15
- 10/19/15 - 12/1/15
- 4 Members.
The Kingsbrooke Sea Lion Winter Swim Program offers a fun environment for athletes of all abilities to improve their strokes and maintain fitness. If your goal is improved technique, increased endurance, and/or better physical shape for the start of the summer season, the Kingsbrooke Sea Lion Winter Swim program is for you!
Location: Central Park Aquatic Center : 10371 Central Park Drive, Suite A, Manassas, VA 20110 –near DMV off of 28.
The Central Park Aquatic Facility (CPAC) has a warm-water pool (86° F) which will be used for the developmental program. The competition pool will be used for the winter training program because of the cooler temperature (78-80 degrees) and the seven foot depth. Both pools feature ultraviolet sanitization system, as well as Chloramine evacuators (State-of-the-art, and the most healthful environment for swimmers).
Dates and Times: Sunday January 3rd to May 15th, 2015. NOTE: There wont winter swim on Super Bowl Sunday, Easter Sunday or Mother’s Day.
Competitive (Advance & Intermediate) - Sundays 7:00 – 8:00 pm.
* Advance: Must be legal in all in all four of the competitive strokes (freestyle, backstroke, breastroke, and butterfly) and with flip-turns. This is a great program for swimmers that truly enjoy swimming and want to prepare for a great summer swim season.
* Intermediate: Age group one swimmers must also be legal in at least two of the competitive strokes (freestyle, backstroke, breastroke, and butterfly). They must also be familiar with doing flip-turns. There will be a great deal of emphasis on stroke technique and development while also working a lot on starts, turns, and finishes, while preparing for a great swim season.
Developmental (30 minute blocks) - Sundays 7:00 – 7:30 pm and or 7:30 – 8:00 pm
* Developmental: Swimmers age four and up, who aren't ready for swim team participation. The Pups group is our developmental team for swimmers who are one step away from summer team participation. The swimmers work on developing the basic strokes, building endurance and having fun. At the end of the program, it is our goal that all developmental swimmers are able to complete one lap. Developmental swimmers should be comfortable with swimming underwater, and able to swim ~12 yards without the use of floatation devices. Full refunds will be offered if coaches deem a swimmer to not be ready for this session.
Fees ($5.00 Processing Fee will apply):
Competitive Swim (Advance & Intermediate) : $199.00 per swimmer for 17 - one hour sessions
Developmental Program : $115.00 per swimmer for 17 - 30 minutes sessions
Registration and Payment: Registration opened Oct 19th, 2015 for returning and new families. Registration will close on December 1st, 2015. Payments are accepted via Check or by Credit Card in person.
Registration payments are due no later than seven (7) days from the date of your on-line registration, unless other arrangements are made and approved by the board OR your registration will be null and void and you will have to re-register.
*Registration will be on a first come, first served basis. Spaces for winter swim will be limited.
Winter Refund Policy:
1. Up until 11/30/2015, families will be refunded the full amount of their registration fee less a $25.00 administration fee per swimmer.
2. From 12/1/2015 through 12/31/2015, families will be refunded one-half of their registration fee per swimmer.
3. There will be no refunds given for missed/canceled practices
4. Refunds after January 1st, 2015 due to medical or other reasons will required board approval.